Last night we had our 20 week appointment with Dr. Stefan and everything went great. I am lucky here that every time I go for a Dr. visit I get an ultrasound. I just love seeing him and watching him wiggle around. Dr. Stefan measured his head, abdomen, femur, looked at his heart, lungs, kidneys, etc. I cant really remember all the other things he measured. But everything looked how they were supposed to and he seems to be growing right on schedule. He told us how much he weighs and all, but neither of us could remember on the way home. They tell us in grams, which really means nothing to me. I need ounces! I go again in 3 weeks for a big ultrasound at Radiology. I am not quite sure how it is any different than the ones I usually get, but I have heard the machines are a little more high tech.
Dr. Stefan also confirmed again that we are indeed having a boy! I am very glad for that since my mother in law has been monogramming away! I was starting to get a little nervous I was going to have to come up with a girl name with the initials MBM :) Speaking of, we definitely have a name for our little boy. It is Michael Brooks Miller and we will call him Brooks. I think that this name is really special because we have used family names. Michael is for Kevin and his dad (Michael Kevin Miller and Michael Elbert Miller) and Brooks is my maiden name and obviously my dad's family name. I just love that he will be named for us and his two grandfathers!
We did not get to bring home any pictures from the ultrasound, which was okay because most of them were just organ and head pictures anyway. Hopefully next time we will get a good head shot! I meant to take a picture of my belly to post, but we didn't manage to do it last night. I will get Kevin to take one tonight and post it.


Yay! It does go by fast and he will be here before you know it. I love his name and can't wait to meet Brooks soon!!
ReplyDeleteI am so glad you are feeling well! I LOVE his name. It is so special.
ReplyDeleteIt is so good to hear things are going so well!! Brooks is an adorable name. He'll be here before you know it! :)
ReplyDeleteyou picked a great name. not only is it unique, but traditional in that your family name is being carried on. perfect.
ReplyDeleteLookin' good, mama! Keep taking good care of yourself and I'll see you in November!
ReplyDelete