I am always looking for something new to fix for dinner (so if any of you have a great recipe please send my way!). I get so sick of my usual dishes. Anyway the other day I had thawed out some chicken for dinner, but had no idea what to do with it (my usual
dilemma). So I called my sister and asked for some ideas. She said that a lot of the time she will just saute some onion, bell pepper, tomatoes, and green chilis (or just drain a can of rotel if she has it) and then puts the mixture on top of either grilled or baked chicken. Well, I always have a can of rotel in my pantry, an onion, and bell pepper, so that is what we had for dinner. It was so easy and turned out great. I served it with some corn and black beans and it was wonderful! Jenn says she serves it with saffron rice, but I did not have any of that. Plus I can always tell if Kevin really liked what I cooked if he takes the leftovers for lunch the next day...and he did! He is too nice to tell me if something I made was gross, he just smiles and eats it (what a sweet husband). Anyway I thought I would share this simple, yet very yummy idea in case you were also looking for a dinner idea!
Nothing else too exciting to report for now. Ramadan is almost over! Only one more week to go. I will be so happy when all the shops and restaurants are open again during the day. Although, it has been good for my school work that I have not had too many distractions.
My next dr's appointment is not until after Eid (the holiday after Ramadan) in 2 1/2 weeks. I can barely wait that long to get to see him again. I know he will have changed so much in 5 weeks!
No comments:
Post a Comment