Before I had Brooks I started taking a sewing class at the Smocking Bird. I ended up going into labor with Brooks before I had my last class, so my johnny remained unfinished until this weekend. It is a 6 month outfit so I knew I better hurry up and finish it or he would be too big to wear it. This johnny was a colaborative effort between me, my mother in law and my mother. I sewed most of it and my mom helped guide me in finishing it (I think she got a little frustrated in the process since I am still very much a beginner) and my mother in law did the applique. I think he looks precious in his little dinosaur outfit. I picked a dinosaur for the applique because I knew Kevin would like it. Brooks has a little sleeper that has dinosaurs and says "snugglesaurus" on it and Kevin loves that and calls Brooks our little snugglesaurus. He has grown out of that sleeper now, so I am glad he has another dino outfit
!


How cute Lauren! Love that sweet smile!!
ReplyDeleteLauren!! So glad you commented on one of my posts- because I didn't realize you still had a blog! I had seen your old one- but I'm guessing you changed your blog address because I couldn't find it anymore. Anyway, I LOVE the dinosaur outfit!!! As a wannabe/very new crafter, I'm totally impressed with your skills! :) Brooks is adorable!
ReplyDeleteAww thanks guys! Joy I am glad you found me!
ReplyDelete