Saturday, October 24, 2009

Weekend and a picnic

1. This is of our picnic spot. Katherine with Francesca, Angela with Alice and Harry, and Taryn with Reese and Kayla.
2. All of us cooling off under the fountain
3. Katherine and Angela with the kids feeding the ducks.
4. Yay for feeding the ducks (and fish)
5. The pond with Khalifa stadium and torch in the background.
6. Kayla chasing the birds to feed!


This weekend was really nice. Friday Kevin and I did what we have the past few weeks, pretty much nothing. And it is so wonderful sometimes to have nothing we have to do. We slept in and once we woke up ate some breakfast and headed to Mega Mart for a little grocery shopping. Then came home and cleaned out some drawers and cupboards and packed some of it up (since our movers come in 3 weeks!). Then we watched a movie on TV, went out to dinner (Thai Chi, one of our favorite places here), and then for a walk at the park. I love Fridays when Kevin is off work and I cannot wait for him to have a job where we get two days for the weekend together!

Today it was back to work for Kevin and I met a group of friends at the park for a picnic. A lot of the husbands have to work 6 days here, so it is kind of depressing on Sats since it is still the weekend, but they are at work. So, since the weather has gotten nice here a group of us met up at Aspire park for an early picnic. We had a great time snacking and watching the kids run around, then we went and fed the ducks and geese at the pond. I think we threw out so much bread that a lot of the fish got their fill too! All in all it was a great morning and I think we are planning on doing it again next Sat!

I took some pictures of us from this morning and also some pictures of the park. This park opened up about a year and a half ago and is really close to where we live. Kevin and I go walk there a few times a week. It is such a nice place to go and really helps me to forget I am in the desert!

1 comment: